Sunday, February 1, 2009

Using Blogs in the Classroom, part 2


The second blog that I found was at another school in Missouri. The blog was for Mr. Langhorst's 8th grade American History class at South Valley Jr. High School, in Liberty, Missouri. In this blog, students are extremely encouraged to participate in blogging. Students are required to summarize their classroom activities almost daily in their class blog. Mr. Langhorst chooses one or two students each time there is a blog to be made. This blogsite contains not only blogs, but also podcasts and studycasts. The studycasts are a review session of what the students should expect to see on their unit tests. The students also have their own e-mail system in order for them to keep in touch with their teacher and their peers.
If you would like to visit this site, click here: Mr. Langhorst's class

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Langhorst's blog is good. I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Langhorst and he is a wonderful professional. I often share with my grade level history teacher things that I learn from his blog.

    BTW, thanks for visiting my blog and writing such a nice review.

    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete